Companies listed as of October 25, 2013
Successful Job Search Campaign Messages
By Ross Primack from the CT Department of Labor
This workshop will run from 45 mins to 1 hour at the Job Fair
At 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Have you ever heard the advertising slogan, “you never get a second chance to make a first impression?” This is especially true of all facets of your job search. In today’s highly competitive job market, you have a brief window of opportunity to capture the interest and attention of a prospective employer. In this presentation, we’ll discuss problematic messages unintentionally delivered in résumés and cover letters; social networking sites like LinkedIn and Facebook; and during job interviews. Topics covered include:
• How an email address can convey a lack of tech skills and or laziness.
• Why words like etc. or various are poisonous to your job search.
• The critical significance of metrics on your résumé.
• How Target Job Deconstruction can expedite your job search.
• The appeal of reciprocity to employers who use LinkedIn to find candidates.
• The importance of staying on message during your job interview.
• The one interview question that’s guaranteed to derail your candidacy.
• Leaving a lasting impression at the closing of the interview.
• Why you shouldn’t just “thank” an employer.
Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce
393 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Phone: (860) 347-6924
Fax: (860) 346-1043
Content copyright 2013. Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce. All rights reserved.